Friday, September 11, 2009

What does it all mean?

I sat at my desk, reading the email I had just written. The words "I approve the final divorce petition, please proceed with filing..." stared coldly back at me. My hand played with the mouse as I continued to stare at the email. The arrow hovered above the send button, as if it were just pacing back and forth. I took a deep, slow breath as my finger clicked on the mouse and the email was gone. The sudden ring of my phone broke my trance and his number flashed across the caller ID. I picked up only to hear his voice faintly in the background. I said hello, but he could not hear me.

I texted him later to see why he had called me. He said that it was an accident and that he must have just sat on his phone. But why that moment? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment