Monday, September 28, 2009

Am I Beautiful?

I saw her picture. A friend told me where her photo was available online and I debated with myself...do I really want to put a face with a name? Because at that time, that's all she was to me. Just a name. But I knew that I might see her one day and there was no better time than the present. So I took a deep breath and dove right in. I was holding in my angst as I searched for the photo. And there it was, staring me in the face and all I could do was just sit there in silence. I didn't know exactly how to feel or exactly what to think. My only thought was that she was the antithesis of me. So, then, do I feel better or worse about myself? I went to bed that night full of questions...am I beautiful...can someone truly love me for me?

At church the next morning, it was as if God had heard all of those questions and He was determined for me to hear the answer. The message that day definitely touched my heart, "you are his masterpiece...his love never fails". But God wanted me to know that He was speaking directly to me. Because after the service, the Pastor came up to me and gave me a big hug. Then he looked me in the eyes ever so intently and said, "You are just so beautiful."

No comments:

Post a Comment