Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Momma! Momma!"

The very day (February 11, 2010) there is a record snowfall of 12.5 inches in DFW, Mahlia says her very first word. Since my baby girl was two months old, she was always a talker. So, it's no surprise that she is able to say her first word at 8 and 1/2 months. I will never forget the moment...



The snow was continuing to fall outside and Mahlia was laying in her Uncle Casey's lap, playing with her cousin, Caden. Her Uncle sat her up and, for some reason (I think she may have been tired), she got upset. Mahlia raised her little arms in the air, looked at me from across the room, and cried out: "Momma! Momma!". For a moment, it seemed that the room stood still until everyone let out a gasp of surprise.
I never thought hearing my daughter say "Momma" to me could ever submerge me in such deep love. I was and still am so overwhelmed with emotion that I am crying even now as I write this. She is so amazing and I am so blessed to be her "Momma".

3 comments:

  1. That's so exciting Marie!!! She's growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,
    I don't know if you remember me. My name is Heather. I was a senior when you were a freshman with my brother Jeremy.
    I have read a few posts in your blog, and I just want you to know that I am deeply saddened by what your husband did. You are extremely strong, and I commend you for being able to write about your journey. I can't even imagine how tough this must be for you, but thank God you have your little one to distract you during this difficult time. Aren't children absolutely amazing? I am praying for you. I know He will see you through.

    ReplyDelete