Monday, March 22, 2010

Make Preparations

I need to fast. This emotional trauma has made me lose so much focus. All my energy has been enveloped in this tragedy for what has been nearly 8 months. Divorce is ugly. It is draining. It is painful. It is heartbreaking. If you have never been through one, don't. Just don't.

Twenty more days until this "waiting period" enforced by the state will be over. Twenty more days...
*T*W*E*N*T*Y*

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- Isaiah 40:31

I am exhausted. But, I know that I need to not grow weary. For the next twenty days, I will fast from all of this chaos. I will shift my focus and begin preparing myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for the blessings that I know will soon abound.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. My dear sweet sister...I do not even know the pain you are going through right now. But know that I am lifting you up in prayer. And, if anyone is BIG enough to carry you through this. God is. And He will. He is so FAITHFUL! I LOVE you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love that scripture in Jeremiah. So amazing. It's no fun going through tough stuff in life. It's good that you have your faith to lean on during this difficult time. I'm praying for you and your sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you are going through unimaginable heartbreak, just know that you have a heavenly Father that has always been by your side. He can give you the comfort, love and support that NO man could ever give you. Just know that you are loved by a lot of people. I will continue to intercede for you and Mahlia. God definitely has great plans in store for you. Love you, cuz!!!

    ReplyDelete